Glass's fastest selling car of the month – July
Each month we look at the fastest selling car in a particular region
July 2022 – Wales
There’s nothing like a scenic drive to quench the Summer thirst for adventure. And if you’ve done a Jeremy Clarkson, taking the Black Mountain Pass beneath the high sun, chances are you’ve being cruising along in a Volkswagen Polo – July’s fastest selling car in Wales.
Good things come in small packages is what they say, and this is very much the case for the VW Polo. With no indication of whether drivers opted for the standard TSI trim, or the sportier GTI variant, we’d like to think its the former that’s captivated the interest of the Welsh people this month.
Last year, Volkswagen introduced its sixth-generation Polo – now synonymous with every first driver’s choice of vehicle both for its compatibility and price – and they spared no expense in delivering a powerful revised entry into the supermini segment.
But what automotive enthusiasts would really have sought out is the iconic three-letter badge displayed proudly on the front grille; a true nod to its 1975 ancestral heritage, when the GTI was first introduced via the legendary MK I.
With a range of premium vehicle technology prevalent in most modern affo-lux models on the market, the real deal breaker on this supermini of renown is a 2.0-litre turbocharged TSI petrol power plant, producing 204 BHP and 320 Nm of torque.
Mated to an ultra-responsive 7-speed DSG, the new Polo GTI takes just 6 and a half seconds to get to 62 mph and can hit a top speed of 149 mph – certainly nothing to sneeze at.
The Polo GTI is the first in this series that’s not offered as an EV – you’ll have to wait until 2025 for VW’s first entry-level Polo-sized electric. Until then, if you’re a dealer in Wales thinking about what to stock on your forecourt, you can’t really go wrong with the VW Polo.
Want to find out what the fastest-selling car in your region was? Sign up to the new Glass’s for unlimited access to such insights and more.
Sign up to a free trial
At a glance
Through extensive customer research, using surveys and in-depth interviews, with dealers of all sizes and profiles, the new Glass’s is built on feedback and insight, to fit around you and follow your workflows and processes. There is also a raft of features that help you price more competitively, make more tailored adjustments, understand the market better, make more money, and save time. Make better decisions for your business, with the new Glass’s.
- Live retail pricing – giving you accurate margin calculations of cars. So you can always stock the most profitable vehicles.
- Best vehicles to stock on your forecourt – plus expected time on your forecourt. So you can maximise every selling slot and plan your stock rotation.
- Estimated depreciation time – based on data and experience. To allow you to turn stock around at the right time.
- Complete package with innovative features – unavailable on any other single platform, including desirability of models, trim levels, detailed light damage and crash repair estimates, and more. So you have one place to make every pricing decision.
- Fast and responsive, offering you fuss-free access to the most trusted data with no usage limits. Just a single competitive set price for unlimited access to all services. With no hidden costs or surprise invoices.The fact is , we’ve reinvented ourselves, with a level of transparency that sets us apart. So tap into Glass’s unique and celebrated publishing accuracy to help run your business more efficiently.